Last Updated: June 22nd, 2018
Thank you for using Hīven!
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use personal information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect personal information when you participate in any interactive features of our Services, fill out a form, connect with us on social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect when you provide it to us include your name, email or physical address, company information, payment information, pictures, descriptions of properties, and other information you choose to provide.
No use for children under the age of 18.
The Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any personal information on or through the Services or about yourself to us. If you believe that we might have personal information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect personal information and other information that may include:
- Log Information: We log personal information during use of our Services, including browser information, page views, IP addresses, and the website visited before navigating to our website to help us to improve our website and Services.
- Device Information: information about the device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information, all of which may help improve our website and Services.
- Location Information: information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information as our Services are location based.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: we may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored in device memory that help us to improve our users’ experience of our website and Services, identify popular features, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. If your browser is set not to accept cookies, you may not be able to use the website or Services.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through our website or Services. For example, when you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and list of friends and connections, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media sites except to the extent that your chosen social media platform allows you to disable this functionality. We may use publicly available tools, such as a Google Analytics, to better understand users’ preferences. Collection of data by third-party tools are subject to their respective privacy policies.
Use of Information
We may use personal information for various purposes, including to do the following:
- Provide and deliver the Services, process transactions, and send you Service-related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support messages, and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Provide, maintain, advertise, promote and improve our Services;
- Facilitate communication among users of our Services;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Hīven and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; or provide you access to personal advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional updates, please send us an email at email@example.com;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; Personalize and improve our Services and provide content or features through the Service that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With third-parties, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf as requested through the Services;
- In response to a request for information, if we believe disclosure is in required by applicable law, regulation, or rule; or administrative, judicial, or other government order;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, including our Community Guidelines, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Hīven, members, and others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of personal information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review these companies’ respective privacy policies.
Anonymized, Pseudonymized, and Aggregated Data
We may also anonymize or pseudonymize to remove any identifying attributes, or aggregate personal information with a sufficiently large number of other information such that it cannot reasonably be linked to you (“anonymized data”). We may use this anonymized data for both internal or public analyses or reporting, but will not identify you in the anonymized data without your consent.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Hīven takes reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete personal information at any time by emailing us. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you can do so by emailing us but we may retain certain personal information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your personal information until purged during our normal course of business.
When you first launch any apps that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our apps, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our apps from your device.
We may also use the address of any Listing provided by hosts to both identify the Hive and provide maps or directions to the Hive listed.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device to provide information, service updates, promotional communications and other related messages. You can deactivate these notifications by changing your notification settings within individual mobile applications or on your device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Hīven by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, including those about your account or transactions.